New Zealand’s supercomputing and services facility for research and development. UC HPC aims to help improve New Zealand's IT skills and research capability and provide infrastructure that contributes to scientific and industrial development.
UC HPC as part of NeSI seeks collaboration among all research organisations. We invite you to explore the experiences and opportunities outlined in our website and to contact us to see how we can help.
HPC team staff and students, December 2015
- Post Doctoral Fellow position with Professor Tim David. (read more)
- Academics interested in utilising a Windows multi-core server: ICTS and UC HPC have worked together to create a small Windows server that is available for academic (and PG) use between 6pm and 6am. (read more)
- DATA SCIENCE SERVER available for Researchers (Limited period only) : A new HP 24 core server is now available for a limited period to those wishing to work on Big Data and Data Science projects. (read more)
- Boost for Kiwi students as REANNZ launches new IT scholarship initiatives
- Disturbed Calcium Dynamics in the Brain: A Precursor to Alzheimer's
- Honours scholarship funding for interRAI data project
Dr Hamish Jamieson and Professor Tim David have been successful in gaining funding from the Canterbury DHB to investigate a large and growing data set associated with the elderly and their care. The work will initially investigate risk factors associated with mortality but eventually look at analysing more deeply the rich data hidden in this particular database. The data consisting of thousands of patients will be run on UC HPC beta test hardware kindly supplied by Hewlett Packard. It is hoped that with the dataset growing at an extremely fast rate the group will be able to analyse large datasets using parallel technology.
- No more events scheduled for 2015
- Course schedule for 2015