New Zealand’s supercomputing and services facility for research and development. UC HPC aims to help improve New Zealand's IT skills and research capability and provide infrastructure that contributes to scientific and industrial development.
UC HPC as part of NeSI seeks collaboration among all research organisations. We invite you to explore the experiences and opportunities outlined in our website and to contact us to see how we can help.
DATA SCIENCE SERVER available for Researchers (Limited period only)
A new HP 24 core server is now available for a limited period to those wishing to work on Big Data and Data Science projects.
The Linux based server comes with 384Gb main memory and has statistical software such as R and SAS available for use. In addition UC HPC has purchased a perpetual license for SAS Visual Analytics ( a powerful software tool for data science).
For those interested in using this state-of-the-art kit and software please contact Prof Tim David (email@example.com) or ext 43210.
- Boost for Kiwi students as REANNZ launches new IT scholarship initiatives
- Disturbed Calcium Dynamics in the Brain: A Precursor to Alzheimer's
- Honours scholarship funding for interRAI data project
Dr Hamish Jamieson and Professor Tim David have been successful in gaining funding from the Canterbury DHB to investigate a large and growing data set associated with the elderly and their care. The work will initially investigate risk factors associated with mortality but eventually look at analysing more deeply the rich data hidden in this particular database. The data consisting of thousands of patients will be run on UC HPC beta test hardware kindly supplied by Hewlett Packard. It is hoped that with the dataset growing at an extremely fast rate the group will be able to analyse large datasets using parallel technology.
- REANNZ: Really Fast Network Services for Researchers, 25 June 2015
- HPC Course: Structured Programming for Scientific Computing, now 29 June - 3 July 2015
- HPC Course: Parallel Programming using the Message Passing Interface, 24-28 August 2015
- Course schedule for 2015